How to Prevent Common IT Disasters from Occurring
The British Airways once lost £82 million to an IT failure. Small businesses can also be seriously affected by system failures and data breaches. Some surveys suggest that small businesses could suffer damages worth several thousand pounds for small IT failures. You can save your company from such a fate by predicting and preventing IT failures.
Here’s a checklist of ways in which you can prevent common IT disasters from occurring:
- Consider warranty before you make an IT purchase. Also, ensure that the equipment that you invest in is in good condition. A good IT support London company like totality services can suggest widely-used and reliable hardware, software and cloud services.
- Connect with an IT service provider to arrange for external service assistance when required. It’s best to rely on an experienced company for IT installation, audit and maintenance, so you never have to face an IT failure.
- Explore using cloud and Software as a Service apps to replace traditional software and storage facilities. They are both more cost-effective, reliable and safe than in-house IT solutions.
- Ensure that you pay the same attention to mobile devices as you do to personal computers. In today’s age, data transfer and operations via mobile devices is a trend. You could experience an IT failure or security breach through a mobile device if you don’t create security measures for it.
- Consider physical security measures and backup to avoid physically created IT failures. Invest in surge protectors, uninterrupted power suppliers and physical security systems to keep your facilities safe and running.
- Provide employees with the necessary training to make proper use of your IT facilities, Many a time, new and inexperienced employees are responsible for creating costly IT failures. This can be avoided by simple preventive training sessions.
- Schedule regular audit and maintenance sessions for all of your IT equipment. Every piece of IT infrastructure that you buy has a definite lifespan. However, that lifespan can be shortened by many unpredictable factors. To ensure that your productivity doesn’t get affected, you should make sure that your equipment is in optimum performing condition at all times.
- Establish a routine for safety checks and regular upgrades. Over time, systems become slow due to accumulating files and ever-advancing software. It’s necessary for an IT manager to keep these factors in mind when maintaining IT standards within a company.
- Ensure that you have an email and internet policy that prevents security breaches and virus attacks. Employees are notorious when it comes to using their official property for personal work. It’s also not uncommon for employees to access dangerous websites that are cesspools for viruses regularly.
- Assign an individual to manage IT facilities so that you never have to face an IT failure. Ensure that this individual is familiar with all of your IT equipment and knows how to act in times of a crisis. If you don’t have such an individual, you could approach an IT support London company to hire or provide the right individual.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in information technology and software. It’s also important to stay ahead of developments in the legal, data protection and management etiquette. For instance, consider the GDPR that came into effect recently. If your data management methods don’t comply with GDPR, you may face serious consequences from clients.
Most businesses depend heavily on their IT facilities for business. The malfunction of their IT facilities can result in a serious business loss. If you are responsible for IT at your company, you can benefit seriously from fore-seeing potential threats to IT failure so you can prevent it.
About totality services
totality services was founded in 2008 to provide London’s small & medium businesses with end-to-end IT services, right from purchasing and installing hardware to providing Mac & Windows support, cloud solutions, and data backup. We support our clients using proven, high-quality systems and security practices that blue-chip companies take for granted.
We consistently achieve excellent client satisfaction thanks to a process-driven approach, concise documentation and our team of friendly and highly trained London based engineers.
IT Support London