Website Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA)
1. Coverage: Definitions
The Website Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies to you (“Customer”) if you have ordered a website hosting product from totality services.
As used herein, the term “Website Availability” means the percentage of a particular year (from invoice start date) that the content of customer’s website, is available for access by third parties via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTPS, as measured by totality services and it’s third party monitoring tools.
As used herein, the term “Server Availability” means the percentage of a particular year (from invoice start date) that the server is reachable across an IP network and is available for access by third parties via Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), i.e. ping, as measured by totality services and it’s third party monitoring tools.
2. Service Level
Goal totality services’ goal is to achieve 100% Website and Server Availability for all customers. Our published service level agreement is 99.5%. Remedy Subject to sections 3 and 4 below, if the Website or Server Availability of customer’s Website or Server is less than 100% over a 12 month billing period, totality services will issue a credit to customer in accordance with the following schedule, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the annual hosting service charge:
|Web Site or Server Availability||Credit Percentage|
|99.5 to 100%||0%|
|98% to 99.4%||5%|
|95% to 97.9%||20%|
|90% to 94.9%||50%|
|89.9% or below||100%|
Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Website or Server Availability caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond totality services’ reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, earthquake, hurricane or other acts of God, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA
- Failure of access circuits to the totality services Network, unless such failure is caused solely by totality services
- Scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades
- DNS issues outside the direct control of totality services
- Issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access
- False SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any totality services measurement system
- Customer’s acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorised by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc), any negligence or willful misconduct
- Email or webmail delivery and transmission
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation.
- Outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. totality services is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. totality services will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of totality services: totality services server links to the Internet, totality services’ routers, and totality services’ servers.
4. Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a credit for a Website hosting account, the customer must make a request by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email message MUST include the domain name of the customer’s account in the “Subject” line. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the dates and times of the unavailability of customer’s Website and must be received by totality services within ten (10) business days after the customer’s Website was not available. If the unavailability is confirmed by totality services, credits will be applied to the next Website hosting invoice after totality services’ receipt of the customer’s credit request. Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards future billing charges.
Totality Services - We look after our client’s systems as if they were our own and provide total peace of mind when it comes to IT.